Forwards is hosted on NLplatform.com in coordination with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and delivered by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency. This subsection of the site leans on user-generated content (personal data) and community-activity. This content is provided by visitors to our website and curated, edited and managed by us.
On this page, we inform you as to how we handle your personal data, and what your rights are. You can be confident that we do this in accordance with EU, GDPR privacy regulations and for the intended purpose of Forwards only.
Which data do we use?
There are several ways we collect your data.
- In our submission form, we ask you for a description of your initiative with text and images. By uploading this information, we trust the information is authentic and that any copyright material is either owned by you or that you have permission to share it with us. In addition, we ask for your name, email address and telephone number. We do this so that we may contact you in case of any additional questions we may have. We also use it to contact you in case we receive a request or useful tip for you from another visitor that can help bring your initiative forwards. This information is necessary before we can submit your initiative to our platform.
- We also receive your data through your interaction with our website. For example when you support any of the initiatives. In this case, there are different ways to interact with us. You can share an initiative on your social media channels, or you can email us with suggestions to bring an initiative forwards, or a request to contact the initiator.
- You can subscribe to our newsletter.
- We also use your data to better understand how our visitors are using our website and how we can improve usability. For that, we use anonymised data, meaning we delete all data that can lead to you personally. Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). These Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this.
In any case, trust that we will never use your personal data commercially. Forwards is driven by the belief that we should work together to overcome global challenges. And, that by offering forward-thinking initiatives a platform connecting like-minded people, we give substance to this belief, and help bring great initiatives forward. It is for this intended purpose, that we collect your data as described above.
Which contact moments do we document?
We document every interaction:
- Submission forms
- E-mails that we send to and receive from you
- Contacts we may have on social media channels
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive. Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to see or use some portions of our website.
With whom do we share your data?
We never share your personal data with third parties.
How do we make sure your data is safe with us?
Our website and IT applications are fully secured. Also, our editorial staff and supporting team have been clearly instructed on how to handle your personal data with care.
We comply by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). According to that law, you can always ask us:
- To inform you which personal data we have stored
- To change your personal data should it be incorrect
- To delete any of your personal data
- To object to specific use of your personal data
- To change your permission on how we use your personal data
Should you have any questions, tips or complaints, just send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are open to you feedback, always.